Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Updates, I guess

I havn't written here for a while, but there isn't much to update on. Just hanging in here, trying to stay on top of it all, but failing miserably. Was going to write an entry about indigenous health before, but then realised that i really knew too little about the issue, and it's a lot more complex than I had ever imagined.

Agreed to a girl at church to do some 'service' on Sundays, on a whim. I agreed because I do enjoy to serve and because I hate to think that my studies interferre with my service to God. (Even though I know and He knows that it's already happened). It's going to be ok. God will provide.

Considering very very seriously a placement at the end of the year in a rural hospital. Don't have enough money to go overseas. Those two-doctor hospitals sound pretty cool, do lotsa cool things like suture and cannulate and intubate and deliver babies and get abused by drunken people who fall over and hit their heads.

Gave a friend some tips about the Gamsat today. She thanked me perfusely, and said she will try her best to follow my advice. crap. Obviously I hadn't put enough disclaimers in. Now I just hope she does well.

That's all for now. Helicobacter Pylori awaits me.

2 comments:

me said...

I must admit that I really admire your dedication to what you are doing and also your faith.

Thanks for all your posts and thoughts.

Recently I read that
‘True success in life means involvement with something that truly works for you, sustains you, fulfils you and unfolds seemingly with a momentum of its own.’

I think that way we all can be successful our own way and I guess that would also be the ‘success without compromise’ because God can be often found in places most of us would never look.

Sida said...

Thank you for your encouragement...

I am really not sure I am deserving of your admiration, though. My faith is one that is somewhat inconstant, and wavers in my day to day life. Philip Yancy said that for there to be faith, there is uncertainty, and where there is uncertainty, there is doubt. (For example, one never puts one's FAITH in something which is certain, like the existance of the pen in my hand).

Some Christians around me seem like they have never experienced doubt before. In fact, those people seem like they never make mistakes at all. I, on the other hand, do experience it. However, looking back on my own religious experiences, which are, to me, as real as the pen in my hand, I choose to remain faithful. One of these days I may write about my doubts, once I get over my fear of condescending emails from self-righteous Christians (yes, Christians fear self-righteous Christians too.)

You have encouraged me to stay with this blog, I was really tempted to stop posting, as I get busier and my life becomes less eventful, and I have less time for weird perspectives.

I guess I will come up with more interesting things when I go on placement and deliver babies and such.