Saturday, October 21, 2006

Went to Wellington Point with church people today. Big bunch of young people, around 50 or 60 (or 70, I'm bad with estimating numbers), all wearing bright yellow teeshirts with Logos Christian Church on the back, standing in the park area singing Chinese Christian songs loudly. It is no wonder we attracted some negative attention from some caucasian teenage boys, who jumped around crazily pretending to be part of the crowd, raising their hands with us mockingly. The person leading the singing looked as though he was going to shoo them away, but a girl gave him a 'no' look and he didn't... which I think is the corrent thing. After all, Christ taught us to turn the other cheek. Besides, we should affect others with our love, not intolerance. (Again, something easier said than done, and something that is easier to tell others to do than to do it yourself.)

I guess, to beholders, the whole thing is a little weird... to see young people, at their most self-conscious times, unashamedly raising their hands and jumping and singing loudly in the public park. But hopefully, these people would try to seek out what makes us so joyous.

Anyway, the outing was pretty good. It got a little cloudy towards the end and a little windy, so I didn't get the ice cream I craved (ice-cream and bad weather doesn't really match, although some would disagree). It was good to get out and talk to people and joke with them about pushing them off the ramp into the sea. No one asked me about medicine, so, praise God, I spent a few short hours completely forgetting about it.

That is, until I got home, when I remembered. So after dinner I connected up the karaoke and sang it all out. Feels good, voice a bit hoarse though.

No comments: