Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Snippits from a 14 year old

I found my diary that I kept when I was 14. I read it, and did NOT stop cringing. Was I EVER like that? I must have - not only did I write it, I vaguely remember writing it too. I've always thought that I didn't go through the teenage angst period, but reading my old diary it seems like I am any one of those crazy pimply teens. Here are some HILARIOUS snippets - I honestly don't remember being this way.

First page of diary:

"I got a new diary. Mum and Dad's buying things we need before the GST starts on the 1st July." - 29 June 2000. (Ha! I bet THAT can go on a lifecourse grid!)

"Mr Jensen says I might get a maths award at the end of the year. That would be cool, I can use it in job applications and such." - 29 June 2000. (At the age of 13 and a half)

"They won't let me go with Kate and Amy. They said they'll let me go if I was a boy. They say I'm only 13. That's bloody bull crap." - 20 July 2000 (HAHA, I certainly don't remember this!)

"You know, I'm not doing all this work for nothing. I'm sacrificing hours and hours for study to get a good career and earn a good living and have lots of friends. If you're not everything I ever wanted to be, then GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER" - August 2000, a letter that I wrote to my future self. (Oh, Miss 13 year old Sida - YOU think YOU're doing so much work? Boy, are you in for a shock)

"Maybe I should take up anorexia... My legs are like tree trunks and my arms are like telegraph poles. I wish I'd be around 40kgs. I wish I was taller. I'm mega depressed.... I will write again later, if I havn't jumped under a bus by then." - 17th January 2001 (That's funny, cos I have never seen a telegraph pole in my life. My legs are STILL like tree trunks. But when did I ever care so much?)

Every page is filled with this sort of stuff. It's crazy. I think I will stop embarrassing myself now... but I hope this provided you with as much amusement as it did me.

No comments: