Friday, October 20, 2006

Sida congratulates Peter

I'm in a TERRIBLE mood today. It appears USyd and Griffith Medicine applicants have already got their med-entry offers. So I am panicking, slowly, and painfully. My panic is long-drawn-out, such that I am permanently on edge and permanently in Fight-or-Flight mode... and you know that I will fight.

What made this worse is the fact that a friend, Peter, got a common wealth supported place at Sydney. When I heard the news I was overjoyed, indeed I felt like it was I myself who got in (in fact, I might even have been a little misty-eyed. Peter and I, even though we have never met, have helped each other get through the whole process). So when I called him and congratulated him, all was good. I expressed my own concern for my offer... and he said "don't worry Sida, it would be your turn in a couple of weeks"...A COUPLE OF WEEKS! I can't wait that long! So even though I was in a good mood when I called Peter, I was feeling foul within about half an hour.

My bible study leader, Wilson, said this week that we should always act knowing that God is watching. So when we are in a bad mood, we should endevour to get in a good mood and not to take it out on others. My usual gesture is to announce clearly that I am in a bad mood, and from there on if anyone gets in my road my wrath they will feel. So today, after I came home announcing my bad mood, and my brother still pissed me off, it was an effort not to show him my wrath. Some things are indeed easier said than done.

I have started the Purpose- driven life... I am not sure how much I should write about it here on this blog beacuse it would give away parts of the book. But I guess if something really gets me thinking (which nothing has, but i havn't read much and also havn't been thinking much, too busy panicking) i will post my thoughts here. I guess that is most fair for the publishers/authors.

No comments: