Tuesday, November 07, 2006

uq offer to come... SOON

I had a HORRENDOUS day at work. I participated in a lumbar myelogram that gave the patient severe muscle spams, and x-rayed a little girl whoes arm was so broken that the two ends of the bones were no longer touching. Overall it was tiring and horrible.

So imagine me, coming out of work, looking at my phone, and a message from my friend Peter. "Don't want to alarm you, but there is some information on the Paging Dr forum about UQ offers. Don't rush home, it's not today." Silly boy! Of course I can't rush home, I'm working!

As it takes me around an hour to get home, I called him straight away, and when he didn't pick up, I gave him 5 missed calls for good measure (Ha! take that!) and left a message (actually, I acted in moderation - I've been known to leave over 10 missed calls on someone's phone). He called me a hour later, after i got home. (I shouldn't be generalising, but isn't that a typical guy thing to do?)

He calls me, and I'm sure it was the most hilarious thing I heard in ages (but that could be because I am so tired and depressed from work): "Hi Sida, I didn't want to alarm you, but I just called to tell you it's coming soon..." I thought "Yeah, Peter, no duh!"

Anyway here is the climax of the story: apparently, someone on the Paging Dr forum called UQ and it is getting posted TODAY, which means I will get it TOMORROW or DAY AFTER. Woohoo!

No comments: