Sunday, December 10, 2006

ohhhhh... i feel twice my age

I said last time that I was going to be super busy, and that I was going to love it.

I take it all back! I hate it! I am just so tired, and it's been giving me reflux, and I feel literally twice my age, or even trice. How many twenty-year-olds do you know get reflux?

I'm not even going to describe my week. All I can say is that I had the worst week of my life (or at least the worst week in my memory). It also involved about 1.5 hours of overtime, the pay for which I recieve is JUST worth the additional exhaustion.

I was recounting my week to Ernie, a boy from church yesterday. I was really just complaining to him about it all, then he suddenly he said: "Pray". It was then that I realised I hadn't prayed properly for days. I prayed short prayers but didn't spend quiet time with God, and hadn't actually prayed properly. Then I looked at Ernie; he has such a simple outlook on life, and yet in that simplicity, such wisdom, from a high-schooler. God makes me learn lessons from those younger than me, teaching me to be humble.

And that is the reason, my dear ones, why I do not have a new 'verse of the week' this week.

No comments: