Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to all Sida's loyal readers! (although I think that is possibly only think_next and Stacy, and even Stacy hasn't been seen lately. She has gone holidaying, and has (presumably) better things to do...)

Christmas has always been a time to look back, and I've always hated looking back. Like the song: "So this is Christmas, what have you done?" and the answer has always been more or less: nothing.

Compared to all that, I have had a great year. I got into medicine, and I opened my heart to God, and started, so to speak, my spiritual pilgrimage. And next year promises to be good too, I'll be studying a course I love, working enough to have some money but not enough to be sick of it, and striving to make every day, every action an act of worship. At this point, I should probably think of some resolutions for next year, but I don't think I will. It'll be just the usual ones - be organised, exercise more, etc.

So I have compiled a short list of the things I learnt this year.
  1. God loves me
  2. If I do something to strain a muscle such that it hurts a lot, then for the next few days I won't eat chocolate, because that means that the pain would have no gain...
  3. It is difficult to eat a hamburger while driving a manual car, but it can be done.
  4. Plants need watering. Particularly ones in a pot
  5. Boil anything edible with noodles, and it becomes noodle soup
  6. After drinking any amount of alcohol, it is a good idea to keep one's mouth shut
  7. Panic is bad
  8. Driving is a good time to karaoke
  9. In operating theatres, it is a good idea to ignore the surgeon, and certainly some of the nurses too. If irked enough, one can always entertain the thought of 'tripping over' into their sterile field...
  10. If you say 'it's all good' enough times, you may be able to fool others, but not yourself.

Merry Christmas and happy 2007.

No comments: